Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Am A Running Wimp!

I must officially apologize to all my more northern friends who complained this summer about running in 75 degree heat.
I admit it.
I laughed at you!
But today,
when it was time to head out for my afternoon run - and the thermometer read 34 degrees -

could
not
do
it!

Now, I know that for many of you, 34 degrees is a heat wave this time of year.  But for this born and raised Florida Girl, it feels like hell - if hell were a frozen tundra and not a fiery inferno!

So, I skipped my Tuesday run - but I did get in a 11.5 mile run this weekend in preparation for the Celebration Half Marathon in
(insert freak-out voice)
less than 3 weeks!
I feel so unprepared, because by this time prior to my last (and only) half marathon, I had already completed a 14 mile run.  Of course, I also spent the 3 weeks prior to that half marathon, loopy on drugs, lying on the sofa with my broken hand in a splint.  So.... maybe I'm not so unprepared after all!

Meanwhile, I had a birthday!   I turned 47 on the 2nd, and my daughter, Gracie, hit the big SEVEN on the 6th!  So, we had a shared birthday party on the 4th!


I received this little baby just in time for the unseasonable cold weather.

*adorable grandson not included!
After all my raving about a Keurig during our stay at the Hotel Indigo, now I have one of my very own!

On her actual Birthday, I took my Gracie to Build-a-Bear.  We've been doing that since her first birthday.

Age 1 

Age 2

Age 3

Age 4

Age 5

Age 6


Age 7!

It is kind of sad to see my baby getting so big!

Oh, and we got to meet my son, Caleb's girlfriend:


This is his first serious gf - and we are pretty sure she's a keeper!  I really liked her... plus, she used to run in college, so WIN!

Question: Are you running in these freezing temps?