Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Ran In Sub 50s Temps!


You will probably laugh when I tell you how victorious I felt running in 49 degrees today!

A very windy 49 degrees - so probably more like 39 with the wind chill.

You're still laughing, aren't you?

This is what I looked like:

Earmuffs, gloves and a jacket!

You people in Michigan would probably consider this shorts and a tank weather!!

Anyway, I wanted to quickly tell you about my favorite new winter running product:

The Saucony Transcendence Jacket that I am wearing above.

I love this thing!  It is the first jacket I have found that is perfect for running in 40-50 degree temps -  the lowest temps I run in.  Other jackets start off feeling great - but by mile 2 I'm usually tying them around my waist.
 
However - I ran 11.5 miles in this jacket Saturday and 5 miles today without ever overheating!  It's made with a stretchy mesh material which keeps you warm in mildly cold temps while allowing heat to escape and not build up.

It has 2 zippered pockets on the outside (perfect for storing gloves), and 2 interior pockets for ???  (MP3 players or GUs maybe)

One of my favorite features is the thumbholes.  These are great when the temps aren't low enough for gloves (or you - ahem - forget them.)

And the windblocker-material panel on the front of the jacket really does keep your core nice and cozy!

It looks like Saucony (and Amazon) have just about sold out of this year's model - but if they bring this back next year, you might want to pick one up.

I know I will!

What is your favorite newest piece of running gear?