Sunday, July 7, 2013

I Got My Mojo Back!


This has been a crazy week!  Between the 4th of July holiday and getting a new smart phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 - The bomb!) I am backed up on my Feedly reader and my blog.  I even went 4 days without checking my e-mail!

But one thing in my life has finally returned to normal.... my running!  I'm not sure what happened, but after the Run for the Pies 5k, I lost my mojo.  I continued running - but I hated it.  I started dreading my runs.  And then I started worrying that maybe I just wasn't cut out for this.  Maybe I was fooling myself that I could be a runner at all.

Then last Sunday I went for a run - after a rain storm - in an amazingly cool 75 degrees.  It was wonderful!  I ran fast for the first time since the race - but this time I didn't feel like I was going to collapse.  In fact, I felt wonderful - and even though this was supposed to be an easy 4 miles, I ended up making it a 5 miler with a couple of tempo miles thrown in!

Then, on Tuesday I ran in the rain.  What fun that was!  I kept catching myself grinning - something that hadn't happened in quite a while!

Thursday I ran on the treadmill - and it was actually bearable!!  Then Saturday night, my husband I traveled to Amelia Island to run the biking trail there.  It was a fun and easy 8 mile run.

"fun and easy"  not "hot and horrible" or "humid and unbearable" or "long and tortuous"!!!

Finally - Running is FUN again!

Now... time to catch up on all my blogs!