I completely missed Spring Cleaning this year due to my hand being all broken and such, so the house is in dire need. In fact, I think I've been hearing it calling to me in the middle of the night... "Please clean me..... Please clean me!"
Since my husband and older daughter are on a mission trip in Mexico this week building a house for this family:
|Yes, that is the "house" they are currently living in!|
and since I'm in taper mode for my upcoming Evergreen Pumpkin 10 Mile Run, this seems like the perfect opportunity to do all the things I've been procrastinating for the past 10 months!!
So far I've cleaned the Laundry Room on Saturday and the Living Room on Sunday.
Yes, it is taking me ALL DAY to do one room.
Today, though, I am tackling Gracie's room and the School Room.
It's gonna be a looong day!
Anywho... Let's wrap up Week 7:
Days running: 4
Total miles: 23
Long run: 8
Group runs: 1
Days strength training: 1 (I just can't seem to make myself do that 2nd day!)
This week was the exact opposite of last week. My runs all seemed off kilter. I couldn't quite make the distance or speeds that I needed. I think that was due to the fact that the TAPUUR run last Sunday exhausted me! It was much more like a race than a training run.
However, I ended this week with my first group training run ever! Sunday, I woke up dark and early (5am!) and traveled 45 minutes to Jacksonville for a group long run at 1st Place Sports. There were 30 or 40 people there, and a wonderful lady named Sarah graciously let me tag along until my half way point.
Pros of a group run
- I ended up running much faster than usual (because I was trying to keep up with Sarah!)
- I got to talk non-stop during the first 4 miles (haha!)
- I felt very much a part of the running community.
- There were water stops every 4 miles, so no need to carry water if I didn't want to.
- Well, there's the whole getting up at 5 am and traveling 40 miles thing.
- I wasn't at all familiar with the area, so without staying with a person or group it would be easy to get lost.
- I couldn't run my own pace (see above con)
- Unless you run with someone, it's really just like any other run. In other words, I would need to go with a friend or make a friend (which I did!)
I'm not sure I would travel that far for a group run again. But that is probably because I rarely run alone, anyway. I did it this week because my husband was out of town and my oldest daughter let my kids sleep over at her house. I am glad that I gave it a try!
This week I will be pausing the training as I taper for the Pumpkin Run on Sunday. I am so excited about it because this is really the first time I have repeated a race. I'd say that of all my races last year, this was my favorite. I'm working on a pre-race post, so stay tuned!
Do you do group runs? Why or Why not???
Now, back to the insanity!