Wednesday, August 7, 2013

1,000 Miles in 2013: Halfway There!

At the beginning of this year, I made a resolution to run 1,000 miles in 2013 - and then promptly fell flat on my face!  You can read all about it HERE.

Go ahead.  I'll wait......

Good!  That saves me a lot of typing!

At the end of July I finally went over 500 miles for the year!
Halfway!

My year has looked something like this:
  • January - 48 miles (about half of those were from that 1st fateful run and the 1/2 marathon!)
  • February - 10 miles  (foot injury)
  • March - 56 miles (trying to get back up to speed)
  • April - 95 miles
  • May - 100 miles
  • June - 100 miles
  • July - 95 miles
With 5 months left in 2013, that means I need to avg. 100 miles per month from here on out.
Very doable - as long as I don't have an..... "I"-word (I'm not even going to type it) !!

Yes!  I'm giving myself a big 'ol pat on the back!

It would have been so easy to give up during all the January drama.  Who would have blamed me??  And I cannot even count the times that I have forced myself out into the heat and humidity to get in my 23 miles a week - when it would have been so much easier - and totally justifiable -  to just take it easy.  But it seems that the more life throws at me: injury, surgery, heat wave, another surgery, gaining 4 pounds (ha!) - the more determined I am to see this through!


Can I do it??  Will I be a triumphant 1,000 mile runner come December 31st?

To be continued.....


Do you have something you'd like to pat yourself on the back for?  Let's hear it!!