Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Big Dreams...



I'm still tweaking that training plan!

And planning my fall/winter races.  Yesterday, I realized that I had tentatively planned 4 half marathons in 4 consecutive months.  So I thought, "Why not go for 6 halfs in 6 months?"

Crazy, right?

I've only completed ONE half marathon, and the last 5 miles of that were miserable because I had been unable to run for 3 weeks before the race.

miserable!

So, I don't even know if I like half-marathons.   But now I am planning to run 6 of them!  Here are the races I am considering:
  • October 12th - Under the Oaks 1/2 Marathon
  • November 28th - Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
  • December 14th - Starlight 1/2 Marathon
  • January 26, 2014 - Town of Celebration 1/2 Marathon
  • February 23, 2014 - 26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
  • March 30, 2014 - Tour De Pain 1/2 Marathon
The only definite race on this list is the Town of Celebration Half, which we have already paid for.  It is also the only race which involves an overnight stay.  The Starlight Half is around 100 miles away, but it is an evening race, so no getting up at 2AM!  All the other races would be considered "local".

I feel a little reckless.
What if I get injured?  Most of these need to be paid for by the end of October, so I could end up wasting a lot of money.  And then there is my husband.  He much prefers the 10K distance, so I could be dragging him around to a bunch of races he will hate.

But I also feel very excited!  I could qualify for the URANUS level in the Half-Fanatics club!  Plus, I just LOVE goals, and this is a pretty big one!

Do you belong to Half Fanatics?  What do you think of this club?