Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday Tunes #1

Each week I share with you some of the songs on my running playlist.  If you are into Rap, R&B, Country or Electronic Music you might want to look elsewhere - but if you like Pop, Rock, Alternative, or Contemporary Christian Music you might find something you like!


Many training plans and running form clinics recommend a running cadence of 180 steps per minute (90 steps on each foot per minute).  Whether this works for everyone, I don't know.  But, I do find that I am a far more efficient runner - no matter the speed - if I am taking 175-185 steps per minute.   Here are some songs that help me maintain that cadence.

  1. Fight For You - Jason Derulo - 178 bpm  (2X89)
    (YouTube video) (Amazon)
  2. Welcome to the Show - Britt Nicole - 180bpm (2X90)
    (YouTube video) (Amazon)
  3. Hey Mama - Mat Kearney - 180bpm (2X90)
    (YouTube video) (Amazon)



What could be more worshipful than using our "fearfully and wonderfully made" body, powered by the Lord Almighty, to run surrounded by the beauty of His Creation?! 




  1. I Will Run - Misty Edwards - 172 bpm (2X86)
    (YouTube video) (Amazon)
    This is a race favorite!





Our final category is reserved for those songs that always make me pick up the pace.  Songs that put a huge grin on my face and a spring in my step!





  1. Running Just to Catch Myself - Mark Schultz - 155bpm
    (YouTube video) (Amazon)
    Boredom Busting Song!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome songs! Love that you like to praise Him while you run!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mindy! It was harder to pick songs for this list than I thought! I have way too many favorites!

    ReplyDelete